- Two email copies of 'Towline' our member's newsletter per year (February and September)
- Regular email newsletter updates
- Invites to free members only days aboard
- Invites to members only talks and presentations on The Danny
- Be the first to know about new cruises and events - Before they are launched to the public
- Benefit from members only sales and discounts on selected cruises*
- 10% discount on private static hire
- *Offered at the Director’s discretion and will be advertised via email, please note the discounts maybe at times be last minute
To become a member please click here or email [email protected] to request a form. Please note we will need your contact details to keep in touch with you. We will not share your contact details with any third parties.
Why Become a Member - Written by Member & Trustee Les Green
Ask anyone fortunate enough to own a boat and they will tell you that it is an expensive business. Likewise you will get a similar answer if you put the same question to those involved in all things “steam”, be it railway locomotives or traction engines but put the two interests together and what do you have, yes the “Danny”.
A coal fired boiler with two steam driven engines and all contained in a 113 year old steel hull, will require a great deal of tender love and care. Added to these costs will be all the requirements of maintaining a modern safety programme and complying with maritime law when carrying passengers.
The total cost to date to save the “Danny” with all grants and valuable volunteer time combined will be in the order of £5million and to ensure that she is still floating for future generations to enjoy will require the continual combined effort of its supporters, volunteers and staff