HOW AND WHY BECOME A SUPPORTER & MEMBER OF THE DANIEL ADAMSON PRESERVATION SOCIETY.
The Danny can be found on the North West Waterways and has been a project involving the community for more than 20 years.
The Danny is YOUR own 'Little Steamer'. She is free to visit, thanks to the generous support we receive from donations. Your support cares for her and allows her to give a unique maritime experience to our many visitors.
Your support means we can offer free learning and education sessions for local school children. Your support means we can keep The Danny cruising on our local waterways as a piece of living heritage.
We need your support to make sure that everyone has access to this important community and heritage steamship.
By joining our Danny's Supporter's Scheme from as little as £5 a month you are helping to keep the story of The Danny alive, her history, restoration, conservation and operation and it makes you a member of The Daniel Adamson Preservation Society (DAPS). As a member you will recieve updates, our inhouse e-magazine Towline twice a year (issued online) and you are also eligible to join our monthly 100 Club! (The draw costs £10 per month and you have the chance to win 10% of the total month;y subscriptions if your number is drawn)
How you can make a difference: Every donation - no matter how large or small - makes an impact.
- Support the ongoing conservation on the engines and structure, preserving them for future generations.
- Unite Primary School and older volunteers to work together sharing stories and learning from each other.
- Purchase art materials for our free family workshops - helping young children develop their creativity and connet with The Danny.
- Enhance the interactive displays and enable accessibility for visitors with additional needs including BSL, videos and Autism Friendly Workshops.
- Bring socially iscolated people together, interacted with our dedicated volunteers who work tirelessly to keep The Danny operational.
- Take The Danny out to those who cannot come to us via talks and presentations.
It is easy to become a Supporter of our project and Member of our Society, you simply click on the button below to join the Supporters Scheme (or to make a one-off donation). If you sign up for monthly donations (making you a Supporter & Member) please email [email protected] with your name and address and she will issue you a membership number.
Alternatively, you can email [email protected] for more details and a form to enable Membership of the Supporters Scheme (or a one off donation) to be arranged through your bank.
Either way we are extremely grateful