Changes to June 22 cruise

Published: 4th Jun




Dear passengers, due to an incident at Saltersford Lock during remedial work, Canal & River Trust have issued a Stoppage Notice (see below).  What this means for you is that we will not now be able to cruise to or from Anderton Boat Lift.  Instead on this date, we will run one longer cruise from Acton Bridge to Sutton Weaver, and provided transport to take you to and from the vessel.  If you are still able to join us on this date the details are below, please note that the cruise duration will now be 2.5 hours and not 1.5 hours (no extra charge to you) and the departure time, because we are combining two separate cruises, will now be 1200 hrs.


Your Itinerary will now be as below:

Park at Anderton Boat Lift (£3 for the day) Postcode CW9 6FW - in time to catch our coach/bus at 1130 hrs to transport you to the Danny at Acton Bridge.  We will have a DAPS steward on hand in the car park to meet and greet you and embark you on the waiting vehicles.

1200 hrs the Danny will depart for a 2.5 hour cruise along the Weaver to Sutton Weaver.

1430 hrs the coach will collect you from Sutton Weaver and return you to Anderton Boat Lift to collect your car.

If you have previously indicated to us that you do not require our transport, can you please confirm that this is still the case and that you will be able to make your own arrangements to be dropped off at the vessel and collected afterwards as our transport will only return to Anderton.

We sincerely apologise for this change to your cruise and hope you will understand that this alteration is completely out of our control and we thank you for your continued support.  However, If you have any questions or wish to change your cruise date please contact [email protected]



‘Following prior updates indicating a planned reopening date of 18th May, unfortunately Saltersford Lock has since been subject to a structural failure at its downstream end. This has irreparably displaced some of the stop planks forming the downstream dam, causing the lock to become flooded during what was expected to be the final stages of the works – no one was hurt as a result of this. Unfortunately, the repairs to the downstream lock gate cill had not been completed when this incident occurred; therefore, the lock is still inoperable until it can either be dewatered again, or if it is possible to complete the remaining repairs underwater using divers.

Our teams are working urgently to understand the nature of the failure, to establish what can be done safely to rectify the situation. At this stage we are unable to provide a revised opening date until assessment of the potential courses of action has been completed. We sincerely apologise to our customers as regrettably the lock will be closed until further notice. We will provide another update in due course.’

Bottom Boat LotteryTrip Advisor
pay pal